File size: 205.35 KB
File type: pdf
Last download on: Mon Jun 10, 2013 08:35:30 AM
Introduction to Process Control, We often come across the term process indicating a set up or a plant that we want to control. Thus by a process we may mean a unit of chemical plant (say, a distillation column), or a manufacturing system (say, an assembly shop), or a food processing industry and so on. We may want to automate the process; we may also like to control certain parameters of the system output (say, level of a tank, pressure of steam etc.).
At the end of this lesson, the student should be able to
• Distinguish with examples the difference between sequential control and continuous process control.
• Identify three special features of a process.
• Differentiate between manipulating variable and disturbance.
• Distinguish between a SISO system and MIMO system and give at least one example in each case.
• Develop linearised mathematical models of simple systems. • Give an example of a time delay system.
• Identify the parameters on which the time delay is dependent.
• Sketch the step response of a first order system with time delay.
• State and explain the significance of transfer function matrix.
Bookmark or share this info on Google+ and leave comment at below :
People who downloaded this also viewed in this sites:
Process Training Control System, Control loop Philosophy, Typical Insturment, Safety loop philosophyfor normally active system and inactive system,...
1 . System Design Process . Basic problem in embedded systems . Combine hardware / software techniques . Allow flexibility in boundary . Basic steps:...
Negative Feedback Control System . CONTROLLER . CONTROLLED . DEVICE . FEEDBACK . ELEMENT + + + -...
Leave comment :
"Introduction to Process Control"
Related Free Files
Data Acquisition and Control Tutorial... - Download: 72 times
Introduction to Automatic Control Systems... - Download: 613 times
4-20mA Current Loop Primer... - Download: 365 times
A STEP BY STEP APPROACH TO ADVANCED PROCESS... - Download: 320 times
Process Control... - Download: 336 times
Process Control Tutorial ... - Download: 232 times
Automatic Process Control Control Theory ... - Download: 192 times
MODERN CONTROL SYSTEMS SOLUTION MANUAL... - Download: 1705 times
Design and Implementation of PLC-Based... - Download: 389 times
Introduction to Process Control - Lecture 9... - Download: 232 times